Opportunity to make a difference in a friendly environment with a mix of site, office & home-based flexible working.
- Full time
- Flexible office, site (local) and home-based working
- Competitive salary & benefits
- Bromborough, Wirral
Trustland Construction is an industry-leading commercial construction specialist based in the Wirral with over 50 years of experience. Working with several major Blue-chip companies across petrochemical, nuclear, food production and consumer goods industries; we are a fast-paced and growing team who value our staff and their development, whilst maintaining a friendly, family culture.
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic design specialist to build a team around them and lead through motivation and encouragement all internal and external design teams.
- Direct liaison with clients to ensure that their expectations are known and met
- Ensuring drawings and design documents are produced on time, to a high quality
- Overseeing the design process using technical expertise
- Reviewing designs to identify clashes and consider safety and CDM issues
- Identifying errors in designs and reducing financial risk during construction
- Ensuring designs are available to those who need them, at the appropriate time
- Maintaining thorough documentation of the design process with the assistance of the document controller
- Keeping up to date with changing building legislation and codes of practice relating to design
- Preparing and leading design presentations with the support of discipline designers
- Chairing design meetings involving different discipline designers
- Preparing design briefs for sub-consultants
- Assisting in the QA and handover process to ensure drawings are redlined
- AutoCAD expert
- Excellent people and communication skills
- Degree educated in Construction Management, Architecture or Engineering
- Minimum 2 years of technical design experience, ideally from a commercial construction background (other building and planning/architecture experience also considered)